Friday, January 22, 2010

Food Friday | Toad in the Hole with My Mom (and some really great wine!)

I decided to run away to my parents’ this past weekend because of the sewer issues (see above).  We decided to make “Toad in the Hole”, which is pretty much the same as yorkshire pudding.  There is usually some sort of roast involved, however, this time I used brats, completely forgetting that I had brats LAST week!  The funny thing is I hardly ever eat meat – yikes, you are all going to think I from Wisconsin and eat nothing but cheese and brats :) te he he he he :). 

We got the recipe from my mom’s 1968 Pillsbury Bake–Off cook book, which is a book from my childhood.  Here is the recipe and the name of another dish, which I find hilarious!








I think this is my favorite picture of a chicken e.v.e.r.  Its glaring at me and its egg :)  We get the eggs from the awesome Pecatonica Farms in Hollandale, WI.








The key to Toad in the Hole, or Yorkshire Pudding, is to cook the meat first so the pan is extremely hot when you pour the batter in.  Cook the meat for 15 minutes at 425, and then pour the batter in over the meat and bake it for another 25 or 30 minutes.






























Oh - and if you are bored, and your subject refuses to have photos taken of themselves (ahem...) you can just take photos into reflective surfaces lol :)



After it comes out of the oven you can then just cut it up and plate it – there is nothing else that needs to be done!







These knives are REALLY old (hence the electrical tape), but the steel is so great that my dad keeps them around and has a guy sharpen them for him.



It doesn’t hurt to have some fab wine as well ;)



Thanks Mom!! You are a wonderful cook :)

0 comments:

Vimeo / Hannah Hudson {StonehousePhoto}'s uploaded videos

Be a fan!

Animal Rescue!!

Search This Blog

About This Blog

StonehousePhoto is a boutique photography studio based in Wisconsin - but travel worldwide is accepted and encouraged! We shoot a limited number of weddings and portraits per year in order to truly focus on our clients! Please check out our website here: StonehousePhoto.com

About Hannah: I am goofy, caffeinated, and not your typical wedding or portrait photographer....I am obsessed with my dog (child) Scout, running, coffee, knitting, and, most obviously, photography. I absolutely love what I do, and I actually AM this enthusiastic in real life!


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP